PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY AND KEEP HANDY!
The policies of Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center were designed to promote an organized, professional studio and to create a positive learning environment for your child. By following these policies you will help create the best learning experience possible. The Instructors at Volga Dance and Volga Child Development Center are professionals and take dance very seriously.
- All students must wear a cover-up over their dancewear to and from the studio.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building.
- Please do not leave any children unattended in the studio.
- Dancers should arrive five minutes before scheduled class time and be picked up promptly after class.
- Please notify the studio if you will be late picking up your dancer.
- If you must pick your dancer up early from class, please send a written notice to the instructor and the instructor will dismiss the dancer from class. No parents allowed in the class.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts.
- A parent/teacher conference must take place before a “dismissed student” may return to class.
- All students should arrive to class on time.
- Students should come into class fully prepared with hair properly secured and dance shoes on.
- All students must follow the dress code policy.
- No jewelry may be worn to class other than small earrings.
- There will be no food or gum permitted in the ballroom.
- Student must keep talking to a minimum.
- Any student who repeatedly disrupts the class will be dismissed from class.
Registration & Tuition Policies
- Registration is accepted on first come first serve basis.
- A non-refundable fee of $35 per returning and $70 per new student is required yearly at time of registration.
- Classes will be closed to further enrollment once maximum capacity has been reached.
- Registration fees and tuition payments are non-refundable.
- There will be no prorating or refunds given due to missed classes.
- Withdrawing Policy: You must complete a drop form thirty-days prior to your upcoming tuition payment. You will be responsible for the next payment if you do not give a thirty-day written notice. Please be aware that no prorating or refunds will be issued due to withdrawing from classes.
- Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center reserves the right to decline to coach anyone at any time for any reason.
Inclement Weather and Force Majeure
Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center will cancel classes when DeKalb County Public Schools choose to close. If the school must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control, the missed lessons will be either added on to the end of the teaching year or offered online via Zoom. No refunds for lessons missed due these reasons will be given.
- Safety for your child is of our utmost concern.
- All young dancers must be escorted to and from the building.
- If a health condition exist which will prevent full participation, please notify Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center in writing as soon as possible.
- No child will be allowed to leave the studio with anyone other than a parent unless with written notice from parent.
Full tuition payment must be made by the 1st of each month. There will be a $50 late fee for ALL late tuition payments. This fee will increase by $5 each day thereafter until the account is paid in full. If tuition is not paid before the 1st of the following month, your child will be refused admission to class. As each month allows for 3, 4, 5, lessons, tuition will remain the same each month. Tuition is divided into 10 equal installments, August thru May, allowing 40 weeks of instruction which average 4 classes per month. You must pay first and last month’s tuition plus registration fee on the day of registration. All Tuition, registration fees, recital fees, costume fees, competition fees, recital tickets, and all fees associated with dance are non-refundable. Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Centerdoes not prorate tuition.
Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center accepts payments by check, cash, PayPal and all major credit cards.
Full Annual Payment
There will be a 5% discount given to any account paid in Full.
NO REFUNDS will be issued due to withdrawing from classes.
NO REFUNDS for registration fees, tuition, camps, recital fees or costumes, etc.
To help defray the cost of recital expenses such as the rental, technicians, special effects, props, sets, etc., a non-refundable recital fee will be due by December 31st. The recital fee will include 2 complimentary tickets per family to our Performance and a program. Additional costume fee will apply.
Classes with less than five students may be cancelled, combined, or rescheduled at Volga Dance Academy’s and Volga Child Development Center’s discretion. A proper notice will be given.
Withdrawals and Refunds
There is a two-month minimum for all classes. One-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any classes. If your child wishes to withdrawal that you must notify the office in person and complete a withdrawal form one month in advance, or you are responsible for that month’s tuition.
Changes to your child’s schedule can be made up until October 1st; thereafter, a charge of $10.00 will be applied to your account for each request made. There are no changes after January 1st and No drops after April 1st.
The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes.
Missed Lessons and Make-Up lessons
Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to serious illness and 24 hour notice (phone or via email) has been given to the office. Make-up lessons will be limited to 2 per year and will require a doctor’s note. (School or family activities such as ski trips or programs, band trips, Spring Breaks that differ from our school’s schedule, sports games, etc. do not qualify for make-up classes). If one person from the couple is sick or absent, the other one will take over the private lesson. We will offer an online option as well. No refunds or prorated tuition are given for missed classes.
Dance Class Attendance and Tardiness
Repeated tardiness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. If a student misses more than 4 classes without written notices, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons. Students missing more than 4 classes after January will not be allowed to participate in the year-end recital.
Parent’s Responsibility to be aware of Dates and Events
It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The school will post all such notices on the Facebook Parent Page as well as sending Newsletters monthly via email. The monthly newsletter will also be available at the studio to take home. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents or guardians to inform the school of any address, telephone, or email address change.
Practice wear is required for all classes. If a student is not dressed appropriately they will be asked to sit and watch class. Student’s hair must be tied back and secure for class. No T-shirts, gum, or jewelry!
Practice Wear can be purchased from our store with a wide selection of youth and adult ballroom dance apparel, shoes, accessories and practice wear. See your coach for details.
Team members must wear uniforms at all times and coaches will decide the outfits/accessories for the competitions. Traveling team members are required to purchase a warm up uniform as well.
Competitive Dance Team
Volga Dance offers a variety of teams for a unique dance experience. Solos and Couples’ audition is held during Presidential Cup and Volga Cup. Dancers who would like to audition for the team are advised to participate in classes weekly. Dance expectation at this level is more than once a week.
Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center do not carry medical insurance for its students. It is required that all students be covered by their own family insurance policies and if injury occurs it is understood that the student’s own policy is your only source of reimbursement.
To voice any concerns or questions with any coach, you must make an appointment for a scheduled meeting. No Instructor is to be stopped before, after or during a dance class with questions. This takes away from scheduled classes and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Under no circumstance should a parent walk into a dance class room before, during or after a dance class. Please respect the instructor’s private time by NOT calling them at home. Thank you ~
We look forward to another successful year in Volga Dance Academy and Volga Child Development Center!